New Study: "Impact of LEED-Certified Affordable Housing on Asthma in the South Bronx"
- Decreases in continuous daily respiratory symptoms
- Decreases in asthma symptoms disrupting sleep
- Decreases in urgent visits to a healthcare professional for asthma
- Fewer days with asthma symptoms; asthma episodes; days of work, school, or daycare missed; and emergency department visits
- Education changes from pretest to posttest included increased knowledge about dust mites, roaches, mold, and chemical irritants
- Common behavioral changes included using hypoallergenic mattress covers, using green cleaning products, and eliminating bedroom carpet
The residents were educated in healthy living and monitired for 18 months after moving in. For more on the published study, click here.
Enter your comments in the box below:
(Please note that all blog entries and comments are subject to review prior to posting.)
While we will do our best to monitor all comments and blog posts for accuracy and relevancy, Home Energy is not responsible for content posted by our readers or third parties. Home Energy reserves the right to edit or remove comments or blog posts that do not meet our community guidelines.